Secrets of the Glens
Glenesk Wildlife Tours
Welcome to ‘Secrets of the Glens’- based in beautiful Glen Esk, these tours are part Land Rover safari, part wildlife walk; part local history tour and wholly captivating.
Whether you choose a full or half-day adventure, you will be sure to experience incredible wildlife, visit diverse habitats and explore ancient communities. You’ll experience first-hand how to read the signs that will tell the story of the glens and their inhabitants; past and present.
Many guests have been lucky enough to experience some of Scotland’s most iconic wildlife including the majestic red deer, the red squirrel, the golden eagle, the elusive mountain hare, red grouse and much, much more!
”We felt very fortunate to be able to go with such a knowledgeable guide as Andy, and to have the opportunity to see the wide variety of wildlife of the area. He went out of his way to show us everything we wanted to see. The spectacular scenery, outstanding wildlife, and Andy’s knowledge, all added to make a memorable day that is one of our highlights of this year, and will be forever.” Trip Advisor 2017
The only thing we can’t tell you is where you’ll end up! The season, weather and particular interests and abilities of your group will all influence the route you’ll take. With over 50,000 acres of Cairngorms National Park at our disposal, we’re spoilt for choice!
Glen Esk sits nestled in the spectacular Angus Glens. A hidden gem situated off the B966 (between Edzell and Fettercairn), just follow the signs for the Glenesk Retreat and Folk Museum where tours begin and end.
Glen Esk is just over an hour from Dundee and Aberdeen, 16 miles from Brechin and 11 miles from Edzell. If you are coming from further afield it will take you approx 1 hour 30 mins from Perth and 2 hours 20 mins from Edinburgh.
Add to the Experience: You will start your tour at Glenesk Retreat and Folk Museum, make sure you make time to explore the charming folk museum where you will be captivated by the incredible history and stories of the glens, well worth a visit! Then finish off with a late lunch or some afternoon tea in the Retreat restaurant where you will receive an incredibly warm welcome.
As well as ‘the craic’ we’ll provide you with:
- 4×4 transport and unlimited access to all areas of Invermark Estate
- The use of good quality binoculars and telescopes
- Tea, coffee, soft drinks and snacks (a delicious picnic lunch if you book a full-day tour)
- 15% discount for ‘The Retreat‘ museum and cafe
What you need to bring
- Footwear and clothing suited to the Scottish Highlands
- A camera is recommended
- Tours start and finish at Glenesk Retreat and Folk Museum, Glen Esk
- Tours run from 31st March 2018 – October 2018. Winter tours are also possible by arrangement.
- Tours cost from £75 per person (min. 2 adults) – £45 for children (Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult.) Click here for further information
Contact Dalhousie Estates 01356 624566 or email: email@example.com